Monday, June 25, 2007

Wet and windy

Bloody hell!! It always seems that when I drive to my sisters, either the outward or return journey seems to take forever. The last time I went, in March, took me nearly 8 hours. To put this into context, I live in Sidcup and my sister lives in the Peak District town of Glossop. A journey of about 230 miles. M25, M1, then the Woodhead Pass.

This time I went up on Saturday, and left at 7am. It was lovely, no traffic jams at all. Took me 4 1/2 hours. Sweet.

That is until today when I came home. In what some of the less reactionary papers are dubbing "The Flood of Britain!!!" I should have known it was going to be a long journey, according to the radio the M1 was blocked all the way from Barnsley to Sheffield (I join somewhere in between). So I decide to drive through Derbyshire.

Mistake.

Three hours, several 'rivers' and I finally get to Matlock, 40 miles (give or take the few I spent getting hopelessly lost around somewhere or other). After that it's easy peasy. The motorway is a bit wet, but thankfully after Northampton, the weather clears, and a mere 3 hours after that I'm home!! Just in time to watch Heroes.

Now to watch Die Hard for the umpteenth time.

Yipee Ka-Aye Muthafucka!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home