Monday, August 22, 2005

Cat out of the bag.

Spoke with my sister earlier, and told her that I was going to the Proms tonight. She presumed that I meant either my rugby friends or school friends. "I didn't know they were into classical music."

Well, they're not. But my holiday friends are, and it is they who I am going with. In the end, after a bit of uncomfortable questioning, I finally admitted that I was going with friends met via the internet. And do you know what? She was happy for me. Genuinely delighted. See, she's always said that I should broaden my horizons and meet new people, and now I have she's being very supportive.

Although, she did come out with the old cliche - "Are they weird?". "Do you think I'm weird?" came the retort. She paused (a little too long for my liking!) before answering "Of course not."

Apparently, her friend met her husband through the internet, but she finds them weird. I put her mind at rest, and she went off happy and relieved.

3 Comments:

Blogger Edwin McBedwin said...

Not at all!

I didn't want to frighten her.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

but we are all very weird!

although I wouldn't say we all met on the net, more that we met at a booze-ups organised through a website.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Edwin McBedwin said...

Frightening people is fun.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home