Friday, August 19, 2005

A poignant reminder

Awoke to a thunder storm rumbling around the skies this morning, at around 6am. The sky was black, the rain heavy enough to dent metal. Lay there for another hour, listening to the clouds crashing and banging into each other. Then off to work.

So there I am waiting at the traffic lights at the police station, feeling miserable, when a lorry trundles past. Nothing unusual in that, you might think. But no! It's a Cuisine de France lorry, stuffed full of baguettes, croissants and other goodies "Direct From The Boulangerie". And for a brief moment, I'm back on the balcony in Verchaix, tucking into fresh, warm croissants, gentle breeze tickling my toes and ruffling what remains of my hair. Tim and June are busy in the kitchen, Gordon is in the shower, and Blue is still in bed, dreaming of pot holing perhaps.

I'm brought back to the real world by the van behind me tooting his horn. The lights are green. Off I go!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'd rather you weren't fantasising about me being in the shower, thank you very much!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home