Friday, August 19, 2005

Odd weekend

This weekend is an odd one.

Tomorrow is my sister's birthday, so it should be a happy day for her. But it won't be, and doubt it will be for many a year. Why? Because Sunday is the anniversary of our mother's death, who died two years ago from cancer.

So, dilemma time. Do I do as my aunt did, and send a funny card as I am wont to do? Thinking about it, this is probably the best idea.

For Sunday I had planned to go out and get incredibly drunk, but now my aunt is coming down for lunch, and I foolishly offered to cook her my special chicken dinner. Then we may watch a film, or the football, or just doze. Thankfully I now have space telly back, the engineer came this morning and replaced my digibox.

I hate Sundays sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home